First History of Bayonne New Jersey on CD
- The First History of Bayonne written by Royden Page Whitcomb and first published in 1904 is an excellent book on the history of Bayonne.
- This CD includes a PDF (portable document file) file which contains 123 pages of this out of print and highly sought after publication.
- You do not have to spend over $100.00 to own and read the information contained in this book. For a fraction of the cost you can view it at your leisure.
- These images of an original print book have been digitized at 300 DPI (dots per inch) and are in 8 bit grayscale. Other companies high speed book scanning give you drab bitmap images with very low to poor quality.
- Some topics covered in this book of Bayonne are: Grants of Land, Indian Trouble, Early Education and Law, Census of Bergen County in 1737, Constable's Hook, Cemeteries and Tombstone Inscriptions, Captain Kidd's Hill and Buried Treasures, Fort Delancey, Unlawfulness and Murders, Newspaper Extracts, War of 1812, Cholera, Morris Canal, Origin of the Towns Name, Civil War, Port Johnson Coal Docks, First City Officials,
Important Ordinances, Assessed Valuation of Property in 1869, Public Improvements, First Police Chief, Organization of Fire Department, First Sewer Main and many more topics.
- The chapters cover the time periods from the Pre-Glacial Ages to then present 1904.
- Listing of Vital Statistics of Bayonne and Tax Rates.
- Includes over 10 drawing of various maps, locations, structures and period scenes.
- No more wasting time to drive to the local or distant libraries and worry about parking, bad weather and change for the photocopy machine that is usually out of order.
- Viewable with Adobe (Acrobat) Reader which is available free from their web site www.adobe.com
Sample image not actual size or quality.